At Bitsy's, we love sweet potatoes. We love them so much in fact, we bake them into many of our products! They're high in Vitamin A and loaded with fiber and potassium, making them a healthier alternative to the standard white potato. Sweet potatoes are super versatile, making them a great part of any meal. Here is our favorite recipe for Sweet Potato Fries. These bad boys are a great side dish to bring to a BBQ this summer. Not only are they healthy because they're baked, not fried, but they're coated in our Sweet Potato Cinna-Graham Smart Crackers, giving them an additional veggie punch (and crunch!).
Smart Cracker-Coated Sweet Potato Fries
2 bags of Bitsy’s Brainfood Sweet Potato Cinna-Graham Smart Crackers
4 large sweet potatoes
4 tablespoons of Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into medium-sized steak fries.
- Fill large bowl with water and soak peeled and cut sweet potatoes for about 30 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are soaking, place Smart Crackers in a food processor and process until they have a breadcrumb consistency. Make sure the consistency of the crackers is very fine.
- After the sweet potatoes are done soaking, thoroughly dry them and the bowl they were soaking in.
- Place sweet potatoes in same dry bowl and evenly coat with avocado oil and pink Himalayan sea salt.
- Lay out coated sweet potatoes on large cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Take sweet potatoes out and flip them. Put them back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and gently toss each fry in the Smart Cracker mixture. Place back on cookie sheet and broil for about 4 minutes or until coating is golden.
⅓ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon Fourth and Heart Original Ghee
- Place all three ingredients in microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Remove mixture from microwave and mix.
- Place back in microwave for 30 seconds or until all ingredients are melted.
- Drizzle mixture onto cracker coated sweet potatoes and serve as a appetizer or dessert.